Manufacturers have reasons why they produce their goods, one of which is for the products to meet some need or serve some purpose in the lives of the consumers.
At creation, God spoke His mind for the creation of man stating the purpose for his existence.
“And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth. So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them. And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth.” – Genesis 1:26-28 (KJV)
You are a creation of God. That means you were created to serve or meet some need: to oversee His business, the works of His hand. Jesus said, “occupy till I come.”
For this God gave you four qualities of power:
- Dominion – This is the ability or authority to rule.
- Multiply – This means to procreate and increase in numerically.
- Replenish – This is the ability to restore or refill what has been emptied or taken away.
- Subdue – This is to use force to bring something(s) under.
Of all the four, only one talks of opposition or resistance – “subdue”, not even in “dominion” do we have contention. There was no contention or opposition from the birds of the air, the animals in the field or the fish in the water before the fall of Adam because God set or made it so; and His word, which upholds all things, cannot be broken, even today.
However to “subdue” suggests opposition. You subdue a thing that refuses to surrender. So winning comes after there has been a contention or resistance. Resistance from where? Darkness!
“And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.” – Genesis 1:2 (KJV)
The powers of darkness and their weapons: death, fear, anger, sickness, lust, pride, poverty, failure, etc., are things that are constantly opposing the children of God. God knew about the “darkness”, so He put this quality of power in Man.
“Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places.” – Ephesians 1:20 (KJV)
This is the power to fight, to conquer and bring under control, so that dominion will continue in God’s behalf. That is why He said to Jeremiah that “before I formed you in the womb, I knew you and ordained you a prophet …” (Jeremiah 1:5), and why? “They will fight you.” (Vs: 18)
The king and prince of lack will fight you!
The king and prince of poverty will fight you!
The king and prince of anger will fight you!
The king and prince of lust will fight you!
The king and prince of pride will fight you!
The king and prince of sickness will fight you!
The king and prince of failure will fight you!
All these kings, their princes and more, will fight you but shall not succeed! You are more than a conqueror! You are a winner; for none of their weapons formed against you shall prosper! There is power in you to condemn their tongue. There is power in you to nullify their words of evil! You are created to win and quench every opposition!
“I have set thee for a tower and a fortress among my people, that thou mayest know and try their way.” – Jeremiah 6:27 (KJV)
God said, He – not man – has set – authoritatively fixed you for a tower – large and domineering – and fortress – a fortified and impenetrable being; created to try – judge and pass verdict on these agents of evil and their weapons!!!
You are God’s weapon of war! He has made you a sharp threshing instrument, and as a warrior would wield his weapon, God wields you against the enemy and his weapons! You are created to win!
“No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn. This is the heritage of the servants of the LORD, and their righteousness is of me, saith the LORD.” – Isaiah 54:17 (KJV)
This is the heritage – a law, right or title you inherited from God. What is this heritage? The winning, all-conquering power!
But there are conditions!
- You have to be an original! Before the fall of Adam, he had a nature that was original. It was this nature that was given the power to subdue. It is the nature of being in the image and likeness of God.
- You have to remain in God’s will and desire. Be chaste! Run from sin and not eat the forbidden fruit! Strive to live in obedience!
- Overcome the fear that is holding you back! Adam did not know fear before his fall.
- Start the fight! By courageously affirming your faith and standing on the word of God, you attract the enemy to yourself, giving God an opportunity to glorify His Name! The three Hebrew trio of Shedrack, Meshach, and Abednego refused to compromise and were noted. Samson moved against the Philistines; this was of God, Who sought an occasion against them. Daniel refused to compromise and attracted the forces of evil to himself. In all God was glorified! Refuse to compromise, let the enemy take note of you, and let God be glorified!
- Seek knowledge! Adam did not really know the Truth; if he did he would not have doubted and fallen to the enemy. You have his history, in the Bible. Learn from his mistakes and study the life of the last Adam, Who against all odds stood with God and won.
You are created a winner; an ENVOY OF POWER!
Posted by jimout2002a in authority, Bible, Christian Character, Deliverance, God, Health, Mind., Ministry, prayer, purpose, Revival, success, Trials, value, worship. Tags: anxiety, challenges, Christianity, faith, Health, humour, Mind., prayer, promotion, purpose, Religion, standard, Thought, Truth, understanding